Reply from Congressman Emanuel Cleaver concerning OrphanWorksActof 2008

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 15:59:46 CDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Jeffrey Watts
<jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com> wrote:
> To be honest I'm not really interested in talking to you much more.  You
> come across as bigoted (though certainly not as obviously as Mr Sissel), and
> you don't seem to understand the meaning of "irony".  You can declare
> victory or something, and claim you've "won" if you like.  Congrats!  :)
>
> And by the way, things go both ways.  It's clear you drink your own flavor
> of Kool-Aid.
>
> Jeffrey.

You can declare me the victor if you wish, but it's an empty victory.
You have provided absolutely no data or facts for your side of the
debates.  I have, repeatedly.  That in effect makes me the de-facto
victor in any debate situation.  I provided facts that back up what I
said, and NO ONE who opposed me put up anything but "we think
otherwise" statements.  That tells me you have no real proof and are
arguing an emotional position, not a logical one.  The victory of
logic (with proof) over emotion (with no proof) is still victory, but
it is empty.

At least I can tell where my Kool-Aide comes from and decide if it's
still worth drinking. ;)

Jon.