Reply from Congressman Emanuel Cleaver concerningOrphanWorksActof2008

Phil Thayer phil.thayer at vitalsite.com
Thu Aug 14 11:46:05 CDT 2008

> On Thursday 14 August 2008, Phil Thayer wrote:
> > Based on this information then we can safely say that we are living
> in a
> > communistic country.  The basic principle of communism is:
> >
> > "To bring about happiness and prosperity for all, the distinctions
> > between the rich and poor of society must be eliminated."
>
> Where is the proof for this statement?

Well, when people say we should increase taxes and give more money to
the lower income, what do you call that?

I call it an attempt at equal distribution of wealth.  That is one of
the basic tenants of communism.  I don't like it that this is the
direction that our country is moving, but it is, and has been since the
"New Deal" era.

If I work harder and make more money it should be up to me how I use my
money.  If I am a responsible citizen I will use my extra money to help
others.  Or I may invest my money in businesses to expand the economy
that would help others.  Or I could simply spend more time drinking in
strip clubs and spread my money around that way. :)  But it is my money
and it should be my choice how it is spent.  Not the governments choice
to try and force me to distribute it to the lower income groups.