Reply from Congressman Emanuel Cleaver concerning OrphanWorksActof 2008

Jim Herrmann kclug at itdepends.com
Wed Aug 13 22:56:34 CDT 2008

What has busted the budget is an illegal war entered into using known lies
by an administration that should be tried in the Hague for war crimes and
crimes against humanity.  Eliminate the war spending, which is borrowed from
China, and you eliminate about half of the deficit.  Eliminate another 20%
of a military budget that is larger than all the rest of the world combined,
and we have a balanced budget.  Unfortunately, the next president, Obama,
has been doing a bunch of sabre rattling about Afghanistan.  That won't be
cheap.  So, I don't hold out much hope for that 20% reduction I'm talking
about, but at least he'll get us out of Iraq soon.

Plus, Obama's campaign is running Linux severs!  :-)  Mandatory Linux
content.

Plus, Jon, the economics you are espousing is supply side, aka trickle down,
aka voodoo economics.  That's been proven, twice now, that it doesn't work.
Raising the taxes on the people who have more money than anyone needs does
not hurt the macro economy.  Cutting taxes on the wealthy just let's them be
richer.  It doesn't generate more GDP.  Putting more of the rich people's
money in the hands of the poor and middle class generate GDP, and thus
jobs.  Supply side economics is about to die, at least for awhile, thank
goodness.  The second gilded age is about to come to an end.

Peace,
Jim