win95/98/ME and printers. An ethics issue comparable to DRM servers or not?

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 3 16:02:11 CDT 2008

Well, yes, I did say that, but mostly to tell people that this is a way to get people to try Linux.  The charities who want to use donated HP printers, such as nearly-new DeskJet D2460 printers, will have to upgrade from Windows 98 to something better to use those printers, and thats a great way to open an conversation about free Linux OSes.

I'm still a little annoyed with HP for deleting the drivers and commanding everyone not to give them away.  Smacks of book burning.