ITEC Software distribution (Again)

Monty J. Harder mjharder at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 15:20:59 CDT 2007

On 10/24/07, Billy Crook <billycrook at gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought I might revive this thread to mention that Fedora 8 is
> scheduled to be released on November 8th, the second day of ITEC.  If
> you're still looking for software to hand out, Fedora 8 will be
> freshly 'released' that morning at 9AM central time.  If you brought a
> laptop and a spindle of DVD-Rs, you'd have a chance to start burning
> as the doors open (assuming they have a big connection there).

Experience shows that when we have more than one thing to give out, everyone
wants one of each.  That's not so bad when it's a distro plus an OpenCD or
equivalent, but DVDs are a bit more expensive. And unless the Fedora DVD can
also work as a "live" disk, I don't think we should be giving them out.
Anything that requires them to jump in with both feet won't be well
received.

That's why I'm hoping that Ubuntu will supply us a couple hundred CDs.
How's that order coming along?

If anyone has a working bootable USB keychain image, we'll be able to make
those for people who bring their own media.  If it's true that other
exhibitors are giving those away, we can grab up some and pre-record them,
and trade them out for blanks people bring us.