Upgraded to Ubuntu 7.10, now resolution stuck at 1600x1200

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 12:42:50 CDT 2007

On 10/21/07, Jason D. Clinton <me at jasonclinton.com> wrote:
> Solution: stop using Ubuntu and switch to the distro that they steal
> all their package from: Debian. The X.org package which was ripped
> verbatim from Debian is correctly marked "unstable" in their
> repositories.

And this bugs me.  Does Debian produce all of  *their* packages in
house, or do the "steal" them from the original developers and other
distros?  I thought the nice thing about Linux was choosing what
packages you like, from where, and use them as you see fit (within the
terms of the license).  Just because a distro uses packages from
another distro shouldn't be called "stealing" (and it's not), it
should be called "down streaming".  Anyway, isn't imitation the most
sincere form of flattery?  Oh, wait Ubuntu doesn't try to imitate
Debian...

Jon.