Messing around with my network on Linux (looking for noob stuff, not complicated networking things that make my brain cry)

Billy Crook billycrook at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 12:41:13 CDT 2007

You want fun?  You should see vi.  It will make you cry.

I won't harp on you this time, but usually, its considered rude to ask
for help on hardware without providing information that would be
easily availiable, like a model number.  I use a Netgear FVS318v2, and
on my router, It's three steps after I log in to it.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/573/netgearreleaserenewws9.png

Yeah, nmap is "a software" worth checking out.  Even more fun would be
to scan your local subnet in RR for web servers to see what your
neighbors computers are hosting.

nmap -p80 127.69.76.168/20

That would search your local subnet in roadrunner for webservers.  I
got /20 from the 255.255.240.0 subnet, and that IP address is the one
the netgear gave as the public.  Try it on your own.