Fwd: Job Description

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed May 9 13:30:51 CDT 2007

I think this position is going to require more specific experience than what I
have.  If someone's interested, contact me and I'll forward your info.

JOB DESCRIPTION:

Adhere to internal processes related to change management, internal
audit, human resources and disaster recovery policies/procedures.

Sufficient communications skills (written/verbal) to develop appropriate
technology solutions to business needs.

Maintain a high availability, security focused enterprise network
environment.

Develop detailed technical designs and implementation strategies for key
technology areas.

Develop and maintain network documentation/diagrams.

Strong demonstrated ability to support, troubleshoot, and maintain
enterprise network sites(i.e. DS1, DS3,OC3), in addition to remote
network sites (VPN, cable modem, DSL).

Ability to support legacy and integrated Cisco network equipment (i.e.
routers, switches, firewalls).

Cisco CCNA or CCNP certification strongly desired.

Minimum of 3 years experience in network engineering and operations.

Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and support Cisco routers, Catalyst
switches, and PIX firewalls.

System administration and support experience with Cisco IP Telephony
systems.

Demonstrated knowledge of Cisco network designs and protocols.

Ability to design, test, implement and support high level network
designs.

Thorough understanding of all common IP protocols.

Experienced using network diagnostic software and equipment.

Work with various circuit providers to support, troubleshoot, and
maintain DS1/DS3/OC3 circuits as well as cable modem and DSL
connections.

Knowledgeable in Windows and Linux Operating Systems.