Ubuntu ShipIt

Justin Dugger jldugger at gmail.com
Tue May 8 16:52:16 CDT 2007

Thanks for all the input guys.  I accidentally forwarded this to the
wrong LUG list, but it's nice to see feedback ^_^.

Like I said, the spare blanks idea was mostly a joke but since enough
people thought giving out a lot of Ubuntu CDs was a good idea, I
thought I'd see what ShipIp would offer, since their stuff looks
really nice and the box it comes in does a great job explaining why
it's neat.

But I think we'll take the 200 and put out fliers to the dorm
mailboxes, and have an outdoor event complete with an Ubuntu logo
chalking near the start of the fall semester.  Yes, it does mean my
CDs are still there, waiting for another chance to be used.  But it's
not so bad a problem to have.

We're also thinking we'll leave a few copies with the library so we
can always point someone to a place we know has them.  It's been
suggested that we get a few other distros to the library -- does any
other distro offer shipit style professional packaging?

Justin