Ubuntu ShipIt

Monty J. Harder mjharder at gmail.com
Mon May 7 21:10:38 CDT 2007

On 5/7/07, David Nicol <davidnicol at gmail.com> wrote:

> In each care package could go some kind of little coupon --
> "Take this coupon to room N at the wildcat center for your copy of the
> Ubuntu
> linux distribution disk" -- with a picture of Tux.

I like this.  We got a bunch of *ubuntu disks for ITEC, but people had to
come to the booth and indicate interest in Linux.  It's not like we stuck
them under windshield wipers in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

The coupon should also say that you're not just getting the disk, you're
getting a network of people who will help you learn how to install,
configure, and use it.  That's the extra that you don't get when you buy
shrink-wrapped software.