Fwd: Ubuntu ShipIt

Justin Dugger jldugger at gmail.com
Mon May 7 14:14:40 CDT 2007

A few lunches ago, someone jokingly suggested putting an Ubuntu CD in every
dorm room as a way to get rid of
all my spare CD-Rs I'm never gonna use.  Since the people present were
receptive to the idea, I decided to follow up on it.  The Ubuntu people
responded positively, but balked at the number we'd need.

So at this point we have a few choices:
* Make do with the 200 they've offered
* Make our own from CD-Rs and labels
* Ask for more from the right people within Ubuntu
* Find sponsorship from local and Ubuntu related interests (ie Canonical,
maybe Dell)

So what's needed from the LUG now is opinions on the options, and of course
alternative suggestions.

Justin Dugger