Using USB memory key as boot directory for older computer?

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 13:01:41 CDT 2007

Nope.  Swap is not needed.  It can help, but I've run systems with
512MB-1GB of RAM with no swap, with no issues. It wasn't long ago that
most systems had 256MB of swap+RAM total.  Having actual RAM is better
than swap.  Swap is there to make up for not having enough physical
RAM.  RAM is cheap nowadays, so the need for swap is greatly reduced.

Jon.