"Embrace The Penguin" Linux Action, Fri. June 15

Jim Herrmann kclug at itdepends.com
Sun Jun 10 10:27:31 CDT 2007

The world premiere of the KCLUG written song "Embrace The Penguin" will
occur this Friday night at 7:00 p.m. at the Songwriters Circle Night at
Toto's Coffeehouse in Mission.  Toto's is on Johnson Drive just east of
Metcalf.  You are all invited to attend.  We will be video taping the
new songs for Songpull.com.  We could get a copy of the video to post
other places like You Tube and KCLUG.ORG.  There is an interview process
that goes with each song, and I thought we would include a KCLUG
presence as part of the interview.  Interviews start at 6:30 so if you
want to be in the video, be there early.

Monty and I were thinking we could have a KCLUG action at this event to
hand out either copies of Linux or at the least hand outs with more
information like where to get free Ubuntu CDs and where to get local
support (KCLUG).   Monty is thinking he'll have "the cards" to hand
out.  What does the KCLUG community think about this idea?  Seems like a
good promotion event.

Discuss.

Peace,
Jim