Looking for donations of computer parts this week

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Jun 4 12:41:29 CDT 2007

The Creative Minds Arts Center is a community arts center located at
3109 Troost in east Kansas City, Missouri. We run the Hip Hop Academy,
an arts program for pre-teens and young teens. We host movies, concerts,
plays, speakers, and art shows in our theater. The Crossroads Infoshop
and Radical Bookstore is under our roof.

We have a room full of donated computers (around 20-25) that we are
trying to turn into a community computer lab. A geek from the Bay Area
is in town this week and is volunteering his time to get these computers
working and networked. These computers were donated to the CMAC two
years ago. They are mostly Compaqs using the first generation of Pentium
chips.

We are planning to install Ubuntu on at least half of these computers.
We are looking for CD-ROM drives, because most of these computers don't
have them and it makes it easier to install software. We are also
looking for memory. Volunteers are also appreciated and we won't frown
if you donate other, more recent, computer equipment.

Donations to this project are tax deductible.

You are welcome to drop off parts and equipment during the following hours:

Monday: 4-7 pm
Wednesday: 1-5 pm
Saturday: 1-5 pm

We can arrange pickup of donated equipment, depending on what you are
donating and your location.

Chuck
Crossroads Infoshop
http://www.crossroadskc.org