An interesting quirk

Brian Kelsay ripcrd at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 16:21:17 CDT 2007

The best software to make exact copies are dd and ghost.  Newer tools
worth looking into are partimage and clonezilla.  There is a liveCD
with gparted and clonezilla that I've been looking at lately.  You may
want to check it out.  It is a good idea to make your ghost image or
copy with a tool that does so while the on disk OS is inactive, such
as with a liveCD or DOS boot image.

Brian