Linspire/Freespire

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 22:32:37 CDT 2007

It's definitely good karma to contribute money to
Linux coders. As far as Lindows^W Linspire goes. It's
as far as I can remember still a debian based distro,
so you could always still install everything for free.
Sure it isn't something Joe Windows User can do,
without instruction, but doable. It seems to me though
they are going to live up to their original name and
be a Microsoft shill. Of course, I don't know what I
might do if M$ were to throw millions of dollars at
me. Would it be worth my debasing myself for? I may
never know.
That said I do make money selling software and
sometimes that software is written on F/OSS. It's what
opays the mortgage on my house, and food in my
daughter's mouth. Yes programmers need to eat too. ;')

What Linspire , Novell and those others are doing are
really doing to themselves. Only a fool climbs into a
bed with a grizzly bear, with or without a gun doesn't
matter. While it may hurt the F/OSS community, we will
survive, and M$ may discover they have miscalculated
again.
Lastly, Linspire has done some contributing back to
the community, so remember not many things are totally
black and white.

In every good there is some evil and vice versa.