Web services "in" the KC area.

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 17:43:04 CDT 2007

Just though you gentlemen may be intereted to know that The Metro's
"Trip Planner" at kcata.org has been updated: it nolonger has the
artificial restriction which limited to Windows+IE, and (seems) to
work in Firefox cross OS, and also seems to work. It also seems to
work in Konqueror, so I guess it should work in Safari.

It seems to be written with ASP.NET, so it is cookie laiden, and it
uses AJAX in a way which I personally consider to make it less useful
that its previous version.

Contrastingly, Time Warner Cable's online chat claims to support
Netscape and IE only, so far I've tried it in IE. So unless it really
works in Netscape, no cross OS, or even Firefox support. The
support-analyst I spoke with, they will be focusing on IE because
"Firefox does not come bundled with Windows, so we know that everyone
will have Internet Explorer" , which of course presumes that only
Windows exists - but the chat service is at least better than their
telephone answering service.

Peace

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud