Why wouldn't Fedora work again?

cragos at gmail.com cragos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 12:09:21 CDT 2007

I'm not a Red Hat-guy, but I'm hard pressed to see a reason why Fedora
wouldn't work on this machine.  A recent build of Debian worked just
fine on my ~300mhz G3 with similar specs until its recent demise. Try
installing FC7 or a recent build of Ubuntu and try it out - It'd
probably work just fine with a light weight WM like XFCE, Icebox, or
Blackbox.

That said, if you'd be happy enough with a minimal distro, DSL-N or
Puppy Linux would probably get the job done.  DeLi doesn't meet your
requirements out of the box as it lacks native OpenOffice support.

-Sean