No subject

Tue Jan 23 14:49:05 CST 2007

work.  We had to build 5 on a separate machine and migrate.  When it came
time to go to 6, I decided that as long as we were doing a full install
anyway, we'd move to a distro with a longer life cycle, better upgrade
support, and useful backports.

Unfortunately, I chose Mandriva 2007.

I note that Ubuntu's server is still Dapper in long-term-support mode, not
Edgy.  Perhaps if I'd gone with 2006 things would have gone better, and
several of the bugs I reported have since been fixed at least in the "cooker"
stage of Mandriva, but it was clear that many of the server-specific packages
had never actually been tested prior to release.

Next server upgrade will be to Ubuntu, we'll see how that goes.