Question about the list and follow up to advice questions

Luke -Jr luke at dashjr.org
Mon Jan 29 15:54:34 CST 2007

On Monday 29 January 2007 14:31, Christopher A. Bier wrote:
> The file follows the iCalendar standard published at:
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2445

Actually, it doesn't. Read section 4.8.4.7
The UID *must* be globally unique. On your ICS, the meetings share the same
UID, and the post-meetings share the same UID.

> phpiCalendar and Sunbird don't seem to have any problems with it, which
> might indicate a problem with google and Konqueror.  If you find out what
> the error is, I'll be happy to modify the calendar.

Seeing that KDE/Konqueror has a record of being more standards compliant that
Mozilla/FireFox, it wouldn't surprise me that KDE/KOrganizer was more
compliant than Mozilla/Sunbird ;)