Linux Laptops

Rich Edelman rcedelman at comcast.net
Mon Jan 22 19:44:28 CST 2007

On Monday 22 January 2007 16:10, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> I see Linux laptops advertised in my Linux magazines all the time.  A
> little googling yeilds this:
> http://www.linuxcertified.com/linux_laptops.html

Personally, my favorite laptops are IBM/Lenovo Thinkpads. I've never had one
that didn't work great with linux, and I'm on my fourth. LinuxCertified sells
them, but they're twice as much as ordering direct from Lenovo. Sure, if you
order from Lenovo you have to pay the microsoft tax. Although I think I
remember reading somewhere you could order them with no OS, or preloaded with
Linux even direct from Lenovo.

Rich