Libertarian Newspaper

Monty J. Harder mjharder at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 00:07:15 CST 2007

On 1/19/07, Dale Beams <drbeams at hotmail.com> wrote:

> A farmer feeds his cattle hay.  Hay is hay.  There are types of hay,
> . . .
> Linux needs to quit worrying about "attacking" roots and begin worrying
> more
> about why it has no branches.

A Zen master was travelling with two of his students.  On one leg of the
trip, their driver told them that the area they were entering was notorious
for attacks by  a man-eating lion.  When they reached their destination, the
master opened one of his bags, took out a pair of running shoes, and put
them on.  One student asked why he was doing this, to which the master
responded: "Don't you remember what the driver said about the lion?"  The
other student laughed and said: "Do you think that those shoes will give you
the speed to surpass that of a lion?".

The master shook his head, and said "No shoes will let me outrun a lion.
Fortunately, I don't need to do that.   I only have to run faster than the
slowest of my companions."  With this, the students were enlightened.