back in the fold again . . .

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon Jan 15 13:36:41 CST 2007

On Sunday 14 January 2007 14:24, gary hildebrand wrote:

> I have recently picked up a Compaq Armada 700 laptop, and want to
> install SuSE 8.2 on it, or maybe up to 10.0 depending on ease . . .

> Has anyone had major problems with any install, or do some work better
> than others?  I obviously don't want to have Winblows installed, except
> as a dual-boot machine.

The older SuSE may well have hardware problems with a laptop.  I would
recommend that you try live CD's of one of the Ubuntu's, Mandriva, and
possibly Fedora.  Mandriva and Ubuntu have very good current sofware support.

If you end up going with Mandriva, don't use the live-CD to install it, do a
network install from the boot.iso.