Distros

Jared jared at hatwhite.com
Sat Jan 6 20:00:43 CST 2007

>>> Kubuntu-- ok, I can deal with this while I don't have a HD; wtf? no
>>> Ethereal??
>> You've been repeatedly corrected about this, stop harping on it.  You don't
>> get ethereal on a gentoo live CD either.
>
> You still think I'm talking about what's on the CD......

Delightful. I like your style, Luke. :-)

And so that I'm on topic, in order of preference:

Debian:  Love it. Bruce Peren's philosophy of freedom herein woven.
Gentoo:  Hated it for a long time. Now I love it.
SUSE:    Helped write a piece of YAST code once, now I like it.
DSL:     Boots from a USB drive. A small one. Very cool.
Knoppix: Beautiful technically and for what it did to Linux.
Vector:  Still trying to get this one running on a 1990s laptop.
Red Hat: No thank you. Technically sweet, politically Seattle.
Kubuntu: No thank you. Technically sweet, politically left coast.

Looking forward to another Slackware experiment. Disappointed
when they adopted the Red Hat version numbering a few years ago.

-Jared

--

"The penguins were all facing north." -- one of the lines spoken
by my crazy friend who was thereafter hospitalized and medicated.

p.s. JH, you could've just dropped it. You're bringing a flame
war from a previous thread into this one. And if the previous
one degenerated into character attacks, perhaps wisdom is to
leave it be.

Of course, arguing with a programmer is like presenting
yourself as a bug which needs repairing. Sigh. It's why
we're geeks, don't you know? We never let go...