Ricers

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Jan 5 19:27:58 CST 2007

On Friday 05 January 2007 14:24, Luke -Jr wrote:
> But it's bad practise to install from source on a binary OS.

Right, so you build the binary package yourself (similar to compiling) and
install _that_, and stay within the benefits of the package management
system.

With the source packages from a binary distro, they have all the files
necessary to build as distributed, and you are free to adjust flags and
features.