Upgrading from FC4 to Kubuntu???

Luke-Jr luke at dashjr.org
Thu Jan 4 19:19:54 CST 2007

On Thursday 04 January 2007 19:58, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> I've run RedHat (from 2.1 - FC4), Mandrake/Mandriva from fairly early on,
> and I've recently tried Gentoo and Kubuntu, and for a desktop I'd pick
> Mandriva every time.  It's been what I've used since I switched to a Linux
> desktop about four years ago, with a brief excursion into SuSE.  (That's
> another RPM/SysV/RedHat based system, but I don't recommend it for
> non-commercial users.)

I have to recommend Gentoo for anyone who doesn't mind learning internal
workings. Binary OS have too many problems with application availability, and
while Gentoo adds some new scary issues (such as forseeing what programs you
want to install a few hours in advance), it's at least a step in the right
direction.