imaginary(?) window manager feature

Luke-Jr luke at dashjr.org
Thu Jan 4 19:16:47 CST 2007

Xgl is obsolete now-- AIGLX is complete and included with the more recent
releases of X.org. Also, there is a fork of Compiz called Beryl that is
developed by the community instead of Novell. One feature is that it does not
depend on GNOME, and has modular decoration managers. One of them,
Aquamarine, is designed to provide KDE decorations-- still not perfect KDE
integration (shortcut keys and virtual desktops are broken/changed), but
better than Compiz. :)

On Thursday 04 January 2007 23:17, Jeremy Fowler wrote:
> Maybe give compwiz with xgl a try. Still pretty bleeding edge, no
> official release so you have to download from CVS. There are several
> wikis out there to help you get started.
>
> Some VERY cool stuff though...
>
> Check out this video:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgNxlb2fgiQ
>
> More info:
> http://en.opensuse.org/Compiz
> http://en.opensuse.org/Xgl

I digitally sign my emails.  If you see an attachment with .asc, then that
means your email client doesn't support PGP digital signatures.
http://www.gnupg.org/documentation/faqs.html#q1.1