Upgrading from FC4 to Kubuntu???

Jon Moss mossjon at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 4 12:23:27 CST 2007

Since Fedora Legacy Project has gone belly up, I've
been rethinking what to do with the workstation my
daughter (a high school senior soon to be college
student) uses.  It currently has FC4 installed.  I'd
like to move her to Ubuntu (specifically kubuntu
because she likes KDE) but I'm not sure if I can
"ugprade" to it from FC4.  I'm going to backup all of
her files and photos to a CD or DVD, but I'm afraid
I'm going to miss something (and I'd rather not back
up the entire hard drive if I don't have to since the
OS or distro won't matter any longer).

Has anyone ever done this?  Upgrade from one distro to
another?

Or do I have to just wipe the hard drive and start
from scracth (like I would if it had Windows XP
installed)?

Happy New Year!

Jon Moss