OT: I'm getting Married

Jared jared at hatwhite.com
Thu Feb 22 13:12:21 CST 2007

> On Thursday 22 February 2007 12:46, David Nicol wrote:
>> On 2/22/07, Luke -Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:
>> > No, that would be 0000. 0777 gives everyone access, local or remote.
>>
>> No. permissions are permissions. Access is access. To make a real-world
>> analogy, I may have permission to run around naked in Antarctica, but
>> there's no way I can do it unless I can get there somehow.  Or to shout
>> "theater" in a crowded firehouse.
>
> Access is not local only. Virtually every system has a SSH daemon
 > running. Analogous, "access to the hardware" would simply be being in
 > the presense of the other person.

David is correct. Access is access. Adding a SSH daemon does
not change the matter. The original chmod 777 was to a shell
script, not a port.

It is assumed that ordinary directory and account security
is in place.

Simply being in the presence of a person does not immediately
evoke "I do." There is a little protocol, handshaking, etc,
necessary before you get to that point. Eh.

-Jared