Java Help

Jared jared at hatwhite.com
Thu Feb 22 11:37:15 CST 2007

> On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 23:54 -0600, Tommy Herrmann wrote:
>> > tommy at dad:~/Desktop/Moparscape$ java -noverify -Xmx500m -cp
>> > ./MoparScape.jar: Bot 0
>> > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>> > java/lang/StringBuilder
>> >         at Bot.<clinit>(Bot.java:107)
>
> That looks like a core language feature is missing. Try another version
> of Java. If you are using 1.4, try 1.5 or 1.6.

If you go to this link:

http://www.moparscape.org/smf/index.php/topic,6915.msg72503.html#msg72503

you will see the problem is addressed by Jason's solution to
upgrade to the latest Java, as well as by the following advice:

"Extract the WHOLE archive into its own folder first."

I note you are running it from a folder sitting on the desktop.

Consider storing your programs in a directory like
~/tinkering/ or ~/java/ or ~/apps/ or something like that.
As you tinker with more programs, they will all be in a
single orderly place, not piling up on the desktop.

-Jared