Quick security question

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 18:01:54 CST 2007

It runs what you type through the hash function and compares the
output.  Hashing is very simple.  If what you type produces the same
hash output that is stored in the passwd file, then you (probably)
typed the same password.  One way hashes are just that, one way.
Thus, when it need to compare anything to the stored hash it mush also
be hashed for the comparison to work.

Jon.