proxim usb wifi and ubuntu

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Fri Feb 16 11:38:07 CST 2007

http://www.woot.com/   has a Netgear 111T and if you hurry you can get
one today.  They are $17.99 + $5 shipping.   This has the Atheros
chipset in it that is the same as my 511T.  The "T" is the thing to
watch out for here.  Anyway, my 511T works in Ubuntu, Debian, Knoppix,
DSL, Mepis, pretty much everything if they have the "madwifi" driver I
believe.  I got a 111T recently but haven't had time to try it.  Maybe
this weekend, but there shouldn't be a problem.