Live meeting software for Linux questions

Bradley Hook bhook at kssb.net
Thu Feb 15 00:26:27 CST 2007

http://www.videolan.org/ - Works well, works with all platforms, and can
stream and store a video feed simultaneously. I'd use this if a
relatively small, home-brew setup is going to be used.

I'm on the KS side, and I work with the Kan-ed and Internet2 folks on a
frequent basis. These guys are always looking for something, anything,
to throw on their dedicated video networks. If you approach this through
Kan-ed channels, you may be able to get several of the reagents
institutions to go in on a state-wide (or larger) RMS video conference.
Keep in mind Kan-ed is a state-wide multicast network that can easily
stream live HD-quality video to 200+ locations.

Give them a look at www.kan-ed.org and consider it.

~Bradley