Unix admin position at Kansas City Power and Light

Richard Sobba ras1885 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 12 17:02:29 CST 2007

Kansas City Power and Light has a Unix admin position open. I work there on the Helpdesk, if you have any questions you can e-mail me directly.

  Rick

  http://www.kcpl.com/

  UNIX Systems Administrator (108167)

  Tech Prof II  $53,600----$67,000----$80,400
  Need 6 years experience for Project TP position
                          Project TP   $65,000----$81,300----$97,600

    Kansas City Power & Light Company (KCP&L), a wholly owned subsidiary of Great Plains Energy Incorporated, is a leading regulated provider of energy-related products and services for homes, businesses, industries, and municipalities in the Kansas City metropolitan area.
  RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will provide UNIX hardware and software support to multiple servers running HP-UX and Solaris. They will share responsibilities for backup and recovery via Veritas NetBackup as well as Ignite-UX support the SAN infrastructure, manage firmware upgrades and patching, monitor performance and make recommendations for hardware upgrades and replacements. As part of the Technical Services team they will be providing Oracle/Application support to all users and serve as part of our on call rotation for 24x7 support. Proficiency with MQ or MQ Broker is highly desirable. Experience with Oracle, WebLogic, BMC/Patrol, TelAlert, Java, C, C++, Server Express, Syncsort, Natural, PeopleSoft, CISplus, LPPLUS, or other UNIX software packages are all a plus.
  MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
This position requires a Bachelors degree in an IT program or Bachelors degree and related IT experience and a minimum of two (2) years experience working with UNIX operating systems. Project TP position will require six (6) years experience.
  SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Prefer HP-UX OS experience. SUN and Linux experience also helpful but not required. Proficiency with Veritas Netbackup, Ignite-UX, BMC/Patrol, Tripwire, TelAlert, MQ or MQ Broker is highly desirable. Experience with SAN management, firmware upgrades, patching, and performance tuning all preferred. Experience with Oracle, WebLogic, Java, C, C++, Server Express, Syncsort, Natural, PeopleSoft, CISplus, LPPLUS, or other UNIX software packages are all plus.
  We offer a competitive salary and full range of company-paid benefits under our "Flexible Benefits" program, wherein you annually tailor your benefits package to your needs.   In order to be considered for this position, you must complete an online application and submit your resume in the designated application field.
Resumes accepted through
  -->  WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND COMMITTED TO WORKFORCE DIVERSITY.