didn't someone tell me that telco equipment had 40vdc racks once?

Billy Crook billycrook at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 14:09:06 CST 2007

Another consideration is that this would effectively put 42 machines
on the same 12v rail, and the same 5v and so on.  So if a component in
one machine failed in such a way that it shorted across that rail, it
would take all devices on the rail down unless they each had
individual load breakers for each rail.  There's also a fairly good
chance the short would happen during node insertion, so the breaker
would need to be outside of the node, possibly ruling out the cheap
bus-bar idea unless the breakers were inbetween the busbar and chasis.