didn't someone tell me that telco equipment had 40vdc racks once?

Phil Thayer phil.thayer at vitalsite.com
Fri Dec 21 10:44:01 CST 2007

Your right on the money as far as the HP server go.  Although the
P-class blade enclosures are the older outdated blade enclosures that
are very cumbersome to install and manage the newer C-class blade
enclosures can also be ordered as "carrier grade" systems with AC or DC
power options.  There is also an HP Integrity "carrier grade" system
(runs Linux, HP-UX, Windows or OpenVMS) and HP Intel Xeon based "carrier
grade" system (Linux and Windows) both of which use DC power.

http://www.hp.com/products1/servers/carrier_grade/products/bl460c-cg/ind
ex.html
http://www.hp.com/products1/servers/carrier_grade/products/cx2620/index.
html
http://www.hp.com/products1/servers/carrier_grade/products/cc3310/index.
html

I have seen very few of these installed, mainly because the Telco's deal
directly with HP and not through a partner.

Phil