didn't someone tell me that telco equipment had 40vdc racks once?

James Sissel jimsissel at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 19 12:44:31 CST 2007

Jonathan Hutchins <hutchins at tarcanfel.org> wrote:
  During the 60's & 70's, black and yellow were used for in-home wall warts
that provided power to things like Princess Phones with light-up dials.
Eventually a bad batch of these caused a number of house fires, and the
system was discontinued, made unnecessary as solid state technology needed
less current and could take power off the line voltage.

  Now that you mention it, I remember the recall on that batch of transformers.  That's been a long time ago.