didn't someone tell me that telco equipment had 40vdc racks once?

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Dec 19 12:41:51 CST 2007

I can't remember the name of the company that has been advertising
datacenter equipment that uses common DC power supplies instead of AC with
seperate PS units for each system, but they've advertised in the linux
magazines for a year or so now.

I believe the DC power station that served a small section of New York
City was in operation from when Edison started it until earlier this year,
and has just been shut down.

Oh yeah, and on the yellow/black local power, black was ground.  Some 70's
- 80's telco equipment still likes to see ground on black.  I had a modem
that would pick up a local country radio station until I grounded that
line.