I wish we had such a place here.

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 15:20:28 CST 2007

I don't think such an enterprise could pay its own bills here. The thing SF has
that make it possible there is lots of geeks in apartments.

Someone could try to come up with some numbers about subscription volumes
and such; it seems the KC approach is for everyone to have their own
little workspace
instead of a communal workspace outside of school settings, and when you need
specialized equipment (drill press, table saw, screen press, etc) you
network and
borrow.

The level of organizational skill required to operate the tech shop is
also very high,
the participants would have to be realists who eschew magical thinking such as
"all participants will gladly pay $200 a month to join and when a
member using the
tech shop invents the next aglet they will pay techshop sustaining members some
dividends"

So in conclusion, I'm in as a visionary willing to make things more
complicated than
it would seem like they would have to be

On Dec 11, 2007 2:15 PM, Oren Beck <orenbeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.techshop.ws/join_now.html

"Common sense has prevailed"