Good Call Phil

Julie betelgeuse67stang at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 14:58:33 CST 2007

As a person who has been a professional driver and pulled mountainous regions in this sort of weather I can confidently say that Phil has made the correct decision.

  We old truckers have a saying that goes something like this:

  "When there's snow, you go slow. When there's ice, it's no dice!"

  There is no sense in being out in this stuff to attend a function that is an _elective_. I agree that a trial run should be rescheduled...with a close eye on the weather forcast.

  http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Kansas+City&state=MO&site=EAX&textField1=39.1223&textField2=-94.552&e=0

  Someone mentioned that there may 'only' be a traffic jam. All it takes is ONE moron who THINKS they can _Drive_ in this stuff to cause big problems! ...ESPECIALLY where there is a large number of vehicles on the roads increasing the percentage of such a fool screwing things up for everyone else.

  Kudos, Phil ;)

  Julie @};-