Setting common rules about weather cancels of KCLUG events.

Monty J. Harder mjharder at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 18:31:41 CST 2007

On Dec 9, 2007 3:34 PM, Jonathan Hutchins <hutchins at tarcanfel.org> wrote:

> If the facility in question is closed, qed no meeting.  If it's open and
> your
> foul-weather driving skills are up to it, who ever makes it to the meeting
> is
> the meeting.

Exactly.  The only time we've ever cancelled a meeting was because the
Library was closed.

This does raise an issue for impending test meeting.  If our hosts be of the
mind that the weather doth well and truly suck, how do we find out? The
Library is the sort of institution that notifies the TV/radio stations, so
they appear on lists of closings.  Rather than fielding calls from a dozen
or three geeks, I'd expect them to want to do something similar.

And given our proclivities, I'd expect we'd give Vital Systems' management a
special login for kclug.org that allows them to flag that night's meeting as
cancelled due to weather, terrorist threat, etc. without having to locate
whoever has the keys to the Executive Washroom.

Definitely something to think about.