Setting common rules about weather cancels of KCLUG events.

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 11:55:52 CST 2007

Today is an example of Weather raising concerns about travel safety in some
areas.
I'd expect common sense to bat last but we all know that Darwin Bats Last.
So therefore can we consider some rules for meeting cancels and informing us
about it?

MY short concept is if the closest public school to the meeting location is
closed =no meeting
Most of us would bookmark a suitable to us source and be done, I think we
can do better.

IF that's agreeable? Then it gets checked as to which school- and a link to
the school closings  list is placed on the KCLUG splash page explaining why
and how to use it.
Added utility may be someone with expert "script fu" writes a mailbot to
notify us "School X Closed- No meeting tonight"

" Non List? Hit the KCLUG intro page. See the item about "Is there a
meeting?" Click. Answered."

Oren Beck

Or can any one do better?

"Why is it called Common Sense" if it's so rare?"