Google redirect explains some comment spam- may be a Linux boost? With a rant of mine

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 11:18:21 CST 2007

I mentioned near the end of last night meet about some weird spam.

THIS:

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/139999/search_google_click_to_massive_malware_attacks.html

May explain more details. suffice to say that if spun right Linux can profit
from their malice.

All I can say in my proper person so to speak is that were such effort spent
on legit ends they'd be in the top 50 instead of risking 50 years. I can
understand temptations but this now is an  unarguable predicate malice.
Damned if all I can see our kids learning from this is a distortion of
sanity. "Download a song and you are presumed guilty with no appeal beyond
counter suit.
Kick your way into a small town store-steal a day's receipts and a good
lawyer beats it for you .
STEAL literally millions and cause more millions in collateral damages
instead as that's SAFE"
THAT warped mindset is ALREADY FREAKING HERE if you read the news.
A disconnect where premeditated crime is ok and innocence is no defense.

Linux offers a mitigation.
As raising the bar of effort to commit certain crimes adds to  the degree
of  premeditation.
An increased degree of premeditation makes proof of witting criminal intent
more explicit.

It's akin to a zippered bank bag having a key lock on the zipper. Yes, a
thief CAN "slit the bag" but that shows both tangible proof and overt bad
action all at once.. Annd if that locked zipped bag were behind a wooden
door locked with a key-in knob lock? damned few thieves will"pick" such a
lock bump keys etc aside- they just use the DocMartens key and kick it open.
Inelegant but effective. Then they slit open that bank bag they found in the
drawer under the cash register.
A stack of overt bad acts rather hard to profess innocence after the fact .
It makes the lawyer defending you work much harder to explain that many
stacked overt acts.
Yet our perp knows enough money will protect them despite quite real guilt.
Let's call that perp."Boots" AND HOW MUCH   $ for Boots?
Minus lawyer$ but including the crimes they never get caught for.?

Another perp does the malware trip- Let's call that one "Keys"
Keys does not have the worries of Boots. And why?
Who here can overview HOW a malware con gets Keys paid.
 And how much?
Then a cost estimate on collateral damages from Keys doing the game

After those snapshots let's consider the relative cost of switching from MS
to Linux
Vs a steel door,Good quality safe, and making bank drops nightly.
The last point being where the MS/ Linux  mindset gap lives.

All that goes to show cause for considering at minimum a rethinking of
exploitable software being acceptable. As when enough of us are  running
software that's harder to exploit?

Keys will reconsider a last phishing trip to buy a set of DocMartens.