NEW Intel Xeon Processor 3.6 GHz w/ fan

Luke -Jr luke at dashjr.org
Thu Aug 30 11:51:08 CDT 2007

Since it doesn't seem like I'm going to get a chance to make real use of the
CPU, I'm going to try pawning it off before it loses too much value (when I
got it, it was valued at $800!)
I live in Omaha now, but I *might* be driving to KC tomorrow-- so if you don't
want to pay shipping or drive to Omaha, let me know before then...
We also don't have a use for the IDE-SWAP thing, since it ties up four 5"
bays: http://omaha.craigslist.org/sys/409846483.html

This is a new Intel Xeon CPU factory sealed in its original box and packaging.
Model #BX80546KG3600EA, the lowest price Google can find for this is $349. It
goes for as much as $994 at some stores! It has a 3 year limited processor
warranty and features:
 - Dual Processor Capable
 - Intel NetBurst Microarchitecture (Hyper-Pipelines Tech, 128-Bit FPU, SSE3,
Advanced Dynamic Execution)
 - Hyper-Threading Technology
 - Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (EM64T, the same as x86_64 or AMD64)
 - Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology
 - Intel-Designed Thermal Solution

 Includes Active Fan Thermal Solution, intended for a 3U server rack or
larger.

 Asking $340 obo for this high end server CPU.