fedora experts?

Hal Duston hald at kc.rr.com
Mon Aug 27 12:48:39 CDT 2007

David,

I can't provide you with a link to a lecture off the top of my head,
and no longer having a need for building my own kernels, I've fallen
back on using the distro built kernels.  I do wonder if what the kernel
is complaining about is an initrd rather than init.  I know that the
kernels supplied with Fedora use and initrd, as do the ones with Ubuntu.
Perhaps that's what you are missing?  If so, you can use mkinitrd to
create one.

Thanks,
--
Hal