NOC support technician opening at GSI

cragos at gmail.com cragos at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 10:28:51 CDT 2007

I'm working at a managed hosting firm/datacenter where we manage and
support a network that runs Linux on roughly 1/3rd of the hardware I
work on, but we're running increasingly low on *NIX expertise in our
network operations center. It's good work, and a fun company to work
for. If anyone's interested, just get in touch with our hiring manager
- his e-mail address and the job description follows.

Thanks!
Sean Crago/MrZaius
GSI Hosting Support
http://gsihosting.com

PS: Apologies if this message is a duplicate, but I never saw it show
up in the digests after submitting it on Friday.

Proactive and customer-focused Linux/Unix Support technician, with
excellent verbal and written communications in a Data Center
environment.
This job will require shift work on nights and weekends.
Salary: Based on experience

We are looking for Linux/UNIX Support Technician with experience
troubleshooting Linux and Unix servers, along with experience with
Windows servers. Knowledge of the Internet and associated
technologies.
This is a full tie position with great potential to advance within the company.
NOC Support Technicians with a problem solving mind set, excellent
communication skills, and willingness to learn should contact us
immediately.
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Support Engineer will be one of
the resources responsible for year round 24 hour and 7 day a week
support and monitoring of the Cars.com website infrastructure
(applications and associated hardware).

The NOC resource will ensure that all interactions with customer
requests and reports of issues are resolved in a prompt, professional
and personable manner, meeting Cars.com's business continuity
objectives.
The NOC resource will provide exceptional Level 1/2 customer service.
The NOC resource will diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve all phone,
e-mail, and ticketing system (TeamTrack) inquiries, requests, and
issues received from customers regarding site functionality and
operations.
The NOC resource will appropriately escalate those issues and
inquiries to Level 2 Technical Operations Support (Site Ops, Sys
Admins, DBA, DataMgmt) and continue to work with Level 3 and Network
Engineer Tech Ops support as necessary until the issue is resolved.
The NOC resource will manage the collection of performance and
availability metrics, capacity management metrics, and continuity of
service metrics for reporting purposes.
The NOC resource will be responsible for the installation and
maintenance of the tools (i.e. ProactiveNet, KeyNote) utilized in the
day to day operations of the NOC.

Contact:
GSI Hosting
Jason Rogers