OT: Mac OS X and USB Boot

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 17:42:15 CDT 2007

My HP laptop supports booting from a USB memory stick,
or USB Disk/CD/DVD.
Unfortunately the internal hard drive in now in the
freezer and I'm waiting for a new one from someone who
hopefully speaks understandable English. Sadly tough,
they don't seem to want me to bill them for the time
it will take me to install the "original factory
settings" on the new completely bare disk that might
arrive tomorrow. Or might not. though they do seem to
have good response time. Funny I had no problems with
the disk until they fixed the power connector. :'/

So maybe you should look at PCs instead of Macs, and
beware HP technicians working on your PC?

http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/editors/2005/06/usbharddrives/index.php