so- THIS is what the public will associate with Linux? More SCO FUD

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 01:50:47 CDT 2007

"The head of SCO, a group that maintains Linux is a derivative
  product of copyrights they hold, ..."

that's all the farther I read, but that phrasing seems to me to indicate
that the reporter, or at least the stylebook for wifinetnews, might
rightly classify maintaining that linux is a derivative of the santa cruz
operation's copyright in the same bucket as classifying creationism
as a science.

On 4/22/07, Oren Beck <orenbeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> ... SCO ...
>
> http://wifinetnews.com/archives/007571.html
>
> Do note that some of the "logic" used is rather incoherent at best.
>
> Ah well, at least they are not _yet_ overtly dragging Linux into it.
> Nonetheless, the perceived linkage is almost as bad in social affect.

huh?  Maybe there was a different article there earlier ... oh it's a link
to a kind of matter-of-fact and tired alarmist piece about teens able to
"view porn all day long" while their parents think they're doing their
homework, which is certain to get all those deseretnews-reading teens
discussing amongst themselves exactly how they can accomplish
that feat.

Anyone know what Deseret News's stand on creationism is?
(that's a joke, please don;t answer)

--
Is the opposite of "tax and spend"  "borrow and burrow?"