webhosting companies vs colo and bandwidth/transfer volume

Russ Starr russ.starr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 12:35:48 CDT 2006

A lot of users won't use a majority of their permitted bandwidth, disk
quotas, e-mail accounts, etc.  Also, a good amount of these users
wouldn't know how to tell if they are really getting their paid for
rates anyway.  I'm not in the web-hosting industry, but I would assume
there are numbers they commonly use to say what percentage of what
resources are used, on average, by their customers.

It applies to ISP's as well... It is usually not a bad idea to ask
about their subscriber ratio.  Compare them and use it as a metric in
your deciding factor.

-Russ