Problems with Gentoo stage 1 install

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Sun Jan 29 18:01:49 CST 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 17:23 -0600, Rick wrote:
> You are correct, I gave too much irrelevant information. I know I have
> network access to the PC but I am puzzled why I cannot Ping any Internet
> sites?

Have you set up your Linux system to use DHCP? Do you have an IP
address? Can you ping your Windows XP system? Do you have a default
route? Do you have nameservers configured?

I afraid to go any further because Gentoo is not a distribution that
someone new to Linux should be using unless you have your own personal
Gentoo expert guiding you along...